This month we will be issuing another release of the SCORM Engine. Most of the changes are geared towards support for our new Test Track application, but there are a few goodies in there as well. The highlights are below and a complete list of changes can be found here. All new clients will receive this latest version and existing customers with active maintenance agreements will be contacted soon regarding their upgrade.
New features in Version 2006.1:
1. Multilingual Capability – All of the visible GUI text in the SCORM Engine has been isolated and the framework is in place to support multiple languages.
2. Package Properties Web Control – We added a new web control to our tool set that provides an interface for modifying all package properties. The properties have been logically organized and contain full explanations of their functionality. The web control will intelligently enable and disable relevant properties and it is fully skinnable to blend in with any application.
3. Package Properties Presets – Now you can save commonly used package property configurations and apply them to other packages with a single click.
4. Enabled Support for DB2 and OpenBase – The SCORM Engine is now compatible with these two database platforms.
5. Web Services Integration – To date, all of our client integrations have involved tight integration via direct code communication. In this release we introduced a new option that uses web services resulting in a looser coupling and more flexible deployment options.