Each year, we update the History page on our website. It’s a chance to celebrate big company wins and giggle over funny experiences. Since I started working at Rustici Software in April last year, this was my first time helping to update the page. Doing so reminded me of two things. The first is how successful our year has been. The second is how much I love working here.
Because there was SO much to include, we have gathered up the outtakes below. We’d be darned if we didn’t talk about goat yoga when we talked about 2017.
But before I get into the details of everything we’ve done, I want to provide some personal context. These successes are reflective of something that is really unique to Rustici Software. We work really hard and we have a really great time doing it. We are not a typical “work hard play hard” kind of company. We’re a “let’s enjoy working with each other however we can” kind of company. That means that for me, launching Engine 2017.1 is just as engaging, inspiring and fun as going to goat yoga. So without further ado, the outtakes…
What we made
- ADL launched the xAPI Conformance Test Suite and we were the only company to have two products that passed the test.
- We launched our Managed Hosted services, which means that our clients who use Content Controller or SCORM Engine can now let us host these applications on their behalf.
- cmi5 support went live in our products, which is a big win for our customers because it alleviates challenges around content launch.
- Engine 2017.1 was released and it includes some big updates like support for remote content hosting/launching, xAPI conformance and a responsive UI.
- We released the second version of Content Controller and made some big changes to the UI to reduce the number of clicks required for certain tasks.
How we celebrated
- The Nashville Business Journal featured our office on their website and we loved that they highlighted our inside jokes.
- Nashville found itself in the Solar Eclipse Path of Totality, so we had a party at Andy’s house and witnessed history together.
- We did yoga with a bunch of goats on a beautiful fall day and Tina the llama made an appearance but did not eat her food.
- We gathered for our first ever Thanksgiving Potluck. We enjoyed scrumptious chess pie squares, a deep fried Turkey and some ping pong, of course, but the real highlight was the turducken.
Wait there’s more…
Want to read about the highlights of the year (includes Thanksmas, a new UI for SCORM Cloud and a big win for xAPI)? Find them on the Rustici Software History page.