SCORM Cloud has been the premier testing ground for SCORM and AICC courses since 2006.
Testing SCORM content was a troublesome undertaking until SCORM Cloud came along. In addition to offering all the features of a lightweight LMS, SCORM Cloud provides free SCORM testing features, which help you see how your content should play in nearly every learning platform on the market. Our products are the testing ground for eLearning standards content and SCORM Cloud’s built-in sandbox has been used to test millions of SCORM, AICC, cmi5 and xAPI courses over the past decade. Did we mention the best part? It’s free!
How to test SCORM content
- If you want to test a SCORM package to see how it will play in nearly any LMS, start by signing up for a free trial of SCORM Cloud. If you’re looking to test for SCORM conformance via ADL, we dive into what that entails below.
- Once you’ve set up your SCORM Cloud account, import your course (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, xAPI or cmi5) into Cloud. Then launch the course in the built-in sandbox and watch it run.
- If your course is running well, nice job! If your course had issues, no worries. You can view problems in the debug logs and use SCORM Cloud to pick and choose course properties until you find the ones that let your course run at its best.
- Once you are happy with how your course is running, you can dig into the data in the course sandbox to understand how it’s working. There, you can view completion and pass/fail status along with score and time. If you look further, you can also verify that your course is reporting back on assessment questions the way you expect.
- Now that you have tested your SCORM package and found it to be working properly, it’s time to deliver your content. Use SCORM Cloud Invitations to invite learners to your course directly or use SCORM Cloud Dispatch to deliver courses to other LMSs and learning platforms.
How does SCORM Cloud compare to the SCORM Test Suite?
The Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative produces an official SCORM Conformance Test Suite (CTS) for SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (3rd Edition) and SCORM 2004 (4th Edition). The CTS is the only definitive way to prove that your content is SCORM conformant. SCORM Cloud, on the other hand, lets you experience content as the learner would in the real world. Cloud does not check for strict technical conformance; it simply lets you see what happens when your SCORM course plays in an LMS.
The two tests complement one another. CTS is like having your car pass the government emissions and safety tests, which guarantee your car meets the minimum requirements. Testing content in SCORM Cloud is like taking your car on a test drive.
To get started testing your content, sign up for a free trial of SCORM Cloud. It’s absolutely free to test as much content as you want.
Ask us anything
Ready to learn more about how we can help? Get in touch.