VAIRKKO is an HR platform and advanced LMS system that provides training management software and workforce management solutions. Since 2009, the company has served thousands of clients across numerous industries, including healthcare, clean energy, technology, construction, finance, and beyond.
As VAIRKKO’s LMS product evolved and gained a corporate customer base, so did the demand for standardized content. The team recognized the trend of prospects asking for SCORM support and created a buy versus build analysis of the costs and time associated with building an internal solution. The estimate considered the following:
- Development time: Estimated about one year of development time and developer resources to learn, build, and implement SCORM.
- Future-proofing: Considered development time for future standards like multiple editions of SCORM, xAPI, AICC, cmi5, and LTI.
- Hosting fees: Would need to store learner data in a database with an associated monthly fee and management time.
- Ongoing maintenance: Analyzed the cost of spending time updating and maintaining the application with consideration for the SCORM standard
- Support: Needed a way to get ongoing standards support for SCORM and any other standard they might add in the future.
Rustici Engine solved VAIRKKO’s challenges more efficiently than building a solution from scratch. Using Rustici Engine, VAIRKKO implemented SCORM as a value-add to their application, allowing them to increase sales and SCORM adoption while avoiding the day-to-day challenges of supporting learning standards.
Time to market
VAIRKKO’s development team took around three months for total implementation, saving around nine months from their original SCORM implementation estimate. VAIRKKO didn’t need additional developer resources, saving funds to spend on growth headcount later. They spent less than half of their developer resource budget on Rustici Engine.
Adding SCORM created more opportunities for company growth. SCORM support availability checks the box for clients who request standards support, leading to more closed deals. Additionally, Engine supports xAPI, AICC, cmi5, LTI, and PENS standards, as well as MP3, MP4, and PDF files to expand their standards offerings to customers anytime.
Rustici Engine allows customers to upload, play, and track SCORM packages on VAIRKKO’s platform. VAIRKKO controls the entire customer experience, so neither customers nor learners see Rustici Software’s brand. Instead, Rustici Engine boosts VAIRKKO’s existing product’s capabilities, providing support for every edition of SCORM on the back-end.
Managed hosting services
VAIRKKO uses Rustici’s managed hosting services for Engine, creating additional saved hours and reducing the cost of hosting themselves. Rustici Engine is ISO certified, meaning the Rustici Software team maintains technical and organizational measures that protect customer data against unauthorized access, modification, or deletion. The hosting solution is through Amazon Web Services, offering additional reliability and transparency to VAIRKKO’s client base.
Along with hosting the application, Rustici also handles upgrades and maintenance when new releases come out, eliminating the need for VAIRKKO to keep up with ongoing maintenance. Customers and prospects can easily follow along with upgrades on the Evolution of Engine page.
Rustici Engine comes with support at no additional cost, saving VAIRKKO hours of troubleshooting. Access to empathetic and delightful support is a value that both companies share, as VAIRKKO also provides free support to new clients.
VAIRKKO’s implementation of Rustici Engine led to more closed deals and the adoption of SCORM on their application. They also saved money and time by purchasing Rustici Engine over building their own solution.
With Rustici Engine, VAIRKKO grew their business, while enjoying the following:
- Over 5,000 SCORM learners enrolled in the first 12 months.
- Saved over 50% of the cost of hiring additional developer resources.
- Implemented SCORM support 40 weeks sooner with Rustici Engine than with their own solution.
Want to learn more about Rustici Engine?
Get in touch to talk to us about how our products can help you.