How to add xAPI and cmi5 support to Moodle
If you have xAPI or cmi5 course content, but need to deliver those courses in your Moodle based LMS, we have two product solutions for you. Content Controller helps you centralize your content library and gives you tools to distribute courses, update course versions, and run reports. SCORM Cloud is a SaaS solution that helps you test and distribute content.
Content Controller and SCORM Cloud both handle all of the hard work when it comes to launching and tracking cmi5 and xAPI courses. Plus, both can store xAPI statements that you can forward to third-party Learning Record Stores (LRSs). Here’s how you can use each application to bring content into Moodle.
- If you are using Content Controller, import your xAPI or cmi5 course into your content library.
- Share with an account as a SCORM 1.2 package or LTI.
- If you have cmi5 courses or xAPI-packaged content in SCORM Cloud, use SCORM Cloud Dispatch to create SCORM 1.2 proxy files or via LTI.
- Upload those proxy files into Moodle.
Not sure which product is right for you? Here’s an overview of the similarities and differences between SCORM Cloud Dispatch and Content Controller. Feel free to contact us to help you get started.
The benefits of using Content Controller or SCORM Cloud with Moodle
Both Content Controller and SCORM Cloud share additional benefits to Moodle users:
- Track SCORM, xAPI and cmi5 courses.
- Capture analytics on learner engagement, including interaction report details.
- Consolidate data across platforms by uploading all of your courses and delivering them via Moodle with access to learner usage reports.
- Use our built-in Learning Record Store (LRS) to collect xAPI statements that can be shared with other LRSs.
- Rest easy with our delightful support team, we’re here to help with any issues you have using Content Controller or SCORM Cloud and Moodle.
- We offer self-hosted (on premise) or managed hosted deployment options for Content Controller, depending on your security requirements. Our managed hosted Content Controller and SCORM Cloud are both ISO Certified.
Play xAPI and cmi5 courses in Moodle
Use Content Controller
Content Controller gives you the power to distribute content to any LMS. The application supports SCORM 1.2 and many other content types. Learn more about what Content Controller can do for you.Learn more
Use SCORM Cloud
Ready to see how SCORM Cloud can enhance your Moodle LMS? Sign up for your free trial of SCORM Cloud. Then use our Knowledge Base to get started using SCORM Cloud Dispatch.Sign up for free
Ask us anything
Not quite sure which product is right for you or have a question about how this stuff works? Reach out.