At Rustici Software, we know how important it can be for learners to access your web-based training. It’s nice for learners to have all their resources in one place, which makes delivering your non-standards-based content a real challenge. Fear not, we are problem solvers, and we have a solution for that. We built Rustici Cross Domain (RXD) for learners to access non-standard content through any LMS that supports eLearning standards. Better yet, RXD is built-in to Content Controller and comes free with every Content Controller license.
What do we mean by delivering non-standards-based content? Usually, we are talking about your own web experiences which could include:
- Custom, web-based activities not well suited to eLearning standards
- Custom assessments
- Web-based simulations
- VR/AR experiences
- And more!
If your content exists on the internet and relies on a database or server-side code to run properly in a browser, you can use RXD to make it accessible to learners through an LMS.
How does RXD in Content Controller work?
- Generate the standards-based proxy files via Content Controller’s UI.
- Use Content Controller’s Content API to make proprietary training experiences accessible to learners directly from an LMS.
- Authenticate learners, track progress and manage licenses for your web experience through Content Controller’s built-in functionality.
The benefits of RXD in Content Controller
- Successfully deliver non-standards-based content to clients and learners through any standards-based LMS.
- Save time and developer resources by using Content Controller features to handle authentication, tracking and license management.
- Easily share standards-based tracking data with LMSs.
- Give customers and learners access to content without having to worry about standard compatibility issues.
- Give customers options: they can get value directly from your platform or from access to your content through an LMS.