Nashville’s “Best Places to Work” eight years in a row. We help companies conform to e-learning standards like SCORM and the Experience API.
Dev Ops Software Engineer
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to work closely in a small group that produces our e-learning SaaS product. The ideal candidate is an individual who possesses a strong software development background as well as systems operations and management. Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a small team to design and deploy our SaaS product.
- Design and improve database schemas
- Develop both a web front-end and REST backend
- Build a rock solid environment to maintain 24×7 uptimes
- Working closely with Product Management, and Marketing to enhance the user experience.
- Helping to implement and deploy new features to improve the speed and functionality of our web application.
- 1+ years of programming experience
- Strong experience in at least one of programming language (JAVA, .NET, Python, C/C++, Scala, etc)
- Familiarity with databases
- Familiarity with Linux Administration
- Familiarity with WebServers (e.g. Apache, Nginx)
- Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, etc
- Work out of the Nashville area
- Experience in MySQL
- Experience in Apache or Nginx
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Service (AWS) offerings
- Monitoring tools like Grafana
- Experience with revision control (especially Git)
Make sure to check out “An Open Letter” from one of our founders (and CEO), Tim Martin. It says a lot about what you need to know before emailing us about this job opening.
Each time we hire, we wait until we find exactly the right person. If that’s you, we really hope you’ll send your resume over to us with an email.
Make sure that what we get from you makes it painfully apparent that you are the right person. Make sure that you make it clear in your email or resume or whatever, that this job is important to you, that you want to work here, not just somewhere.
You will want to spend some time on our website, learn how we think and what we do. Get to know us if you want us to get to know you.
You want to work here. Trust us.
Learn about us.
Check out RusticiSoftware.com. Learn about the things we do, and how we do things around here. See what we’re all about. Check out SCORM.com and ExperienceAPI.com to learn more about the products we build. To read legal stuff about working with us, check this out.
Start a conversation: Email Us